Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Flowchart drawing in Flex

After googling to find any flex flowcharting solution, I finally thought of cooking my own.

Thanks to Flex Gumbo, it made my task much easier. By using the basic flex Gumbo objects, tweaking them a little bit to create my own custom objects I am able to draw simple flowchart diagrams in flex.

To know more about Flex Gumbo visit Adobe Flex Gumbo OpenSource

The picture on the right depicts the graph of a workflow using flowcharting. You will notice that this is displayed in Flash player ver. 10. That's right ! Gumbo works with ver. 10 and higher.


Here are some of the custom components used to create this flowchart

These components are composite components built using various Segment objects grouped together in the Path objects. CubicBezierSegment object is used to draw some of the logic gates.

4 comments:

  1. This graph looks great! for basic flowcharting.
    I knew we can do flowcharting things in flex, and now i can see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the information, give good basic idea on flowchart.
    Thanks
    SK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Can you please give the code for arrow in flex.

    ReplyDelete